Information for TCYBA Parents
In this section parents can find various resources relating to the Tri-City Youth Basketball Association.
- TCYBA Important League Dates - CLICK HERE
- TCYBA Rules and Policies
It’s important for parents to be acquainted with the TCYBA Rules and Policies, available here.
- Jr. NBA - Follow these links to discover more about our partnership with the Jr. NBA
- Press Release - Tri-City Youth Basketball Partnership with NBA Canada June 2019
- Jr. NBA Program Specs - Objectives, Description and Benefits of the Jr.NBA program
- The Jr. NBA and Canadian Sports for Life Principles - Learn about the Long-Term Athlete Development Model supported by the Jr. NBA
- The Educated Sports Parent
This document deals with the impact that early specialization in sports can have, how to prevent overuse injuries, athletic burnout and developing a healthy perspective about youth sports.
The Educated Sports Parent
- CONCUSSION EDUCATION
Concussion Awareness Training Tool website at cattonline.com to learn about and how to identify concussion symptoms in our young athletes.
- Parents Guide
A good overview for parents of kids playing in TCYBA.
TCYBA Parents Guide
- Parents Code of Conduct
A brief outline of TCYBA’s expectations for all parents
TCYBA Parents Code of Conduct
- FAQ & Facts for Parents
Answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
TCYBA FAQ & Facts for Parents
- Sports Nutrition for Young Athletes
Eating well plays a critical role in keeping sports fun and safe! This is especially true for highly active kids.
Sport Nutrition for Active Kids!
- Long Term Athletic Development (LTAD) Information for Parents
Doing what is best for your child is what Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) is all about, and Canadian sport is working hard to develop LTAD plans for all sports.
Long-Term Athlete Development Info for Parents
- How to Be a Positive Sports Parent
Positive parenting in sports is a choice parents make that allows sports to be about kids and not about parents.
Be a Positive Sports Parent
Other pages in the Parents Section...