Criminal Record Checks - Updated October 15, 2019
TCYBA requires ALL coaches and assistant coaches to have a valid and current criminal record check (CRC) on file. Your CRC will be valid for two (2) years.
How to Obtain a Criminal Record Check
Please download and print a copy of our TCYBA permission letter and take it with you to your local police detachment. There should be no charge for the CRC with the permission letter.
Once you receive your CRC, TCYBA requires the original. Please mail it to us at:
RPO Como Lake
P.O. Box 64569
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a CRC I obtained for another organization?
Each organization requires its own CRC application and you must submit a new request for TCYBA.
What happens if I am charged for my CRC?
Sometimes a detachment will charge for this service. Ask if the fee can be waived as you are a volunteer and you have a permission letter from TCYBA. If the fee still needs to be paid, please do so and ask for a receipt. Submit your receipt to email@example.com for reimbursement.
Do team managers need to provide a CRC?
Team managers do not need to provide a CRC.
How do I know if I have a valid CRC on file with TCYBA?
Our coach coordinator will let you know when your CRC is about to expire and will ask you to provide a new one to us.
When do I need to mail in my CRC?
We request that you mail your CRC to us as soon as you receive it back. We appreciate all coaches for making this a priority.
Local Community Police Stations:
- Port Moody Police - scroll to Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVS) online, select 'Volunteer in Port Moody'
- Coquitlam RCMP - attend the Coquitlam RCMP detachment and request a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Port Coquitlam RCMP - attend the Coquitlam RCMP detachment and request a Vulnerable Sector Check
- New Westminster Police - scroll to Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVS) online, select 'Volunteer'
- Ridge Meadows RCMP - attend the Ridge Meadows RCMP detachment and request a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Burnaby RCMP - attend the Burnaby RCMP detachment and request a Vulnerable Sector Check
For further information, please contact our coach coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.